Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
With the cosmic & inestimable selection books available to us, and the diversity of readers among our commonly connected enthusiasm and penchant for blogging and reading about others' lives, here is an opportunity for each of us to put our two cents in, "Siskel & Ebert-thumbs-up-thumbs-down style." Tell us what you're reading, rate it, summarize it, or however you want to share, but just please share. (Inquiring minds want to know!)
I just finished reading "Don't Tell A Soul" by David Rosenfelt. I like mystery/murder type books and this one kept me interested. The bad guy wasn't who I thought it was.
ReplyDeleteThose are the best ones. I know I enjoyed some of Grisham's books.
ReplyDeleteI am reading "Keeper of Dreams" by Orson Scott Card, which is his second anthology of short stories. This anthology is heavier on fantasy stories, and less so on "spacey" SciFi. The stories are much more subdued than his early short works - no "shock value" here. Just clean, clear writing that makes you wonder. Is it possible to feel nostalgic about situations that do not reflect reality? Card says yes.
ReplyDelete3.5/5
I recently read, "Training Games" available at Target. I forget who the author is. Its a fast read. The second book will be out this summer. Great book.
ReplyDeleteI'm reading a Sci-Fi book called "Max" by James Patterson. It is a series of books about kids with wings.
ReplyDeleteTraining Games? Fast read same as 'you-can't-put-it-down read?
ReplyDeleteJust finished Daniel Steel, Echoes. (no, not a chick-book) Good read.
ReplyDeleteJust finished Graceling. I really liked it. You all must read Hunger Games!! LOVED it.
ReplyDeleteMy friend, Brenda, recommended "Girl With A Pearl Earring" by Tracy Chevalier so I just started reading it. Liking it so far.
ReplyDeleteI'm a few chapters into City of Thieves, based on fact of life in Russia during WWII. I can see why it's a best seller.
ReplyDeleteI'm halfway into, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, by Stieg Larsson. So far it is okay.
ReplyDeleteJust finished Catching Fire, the sequel to Hunger Games. Not quite as good, but still very good. Hated the ending (It's a trilogy, so now I have to wait another year to "finish" it.
ReplyDelete